Highly Recommended Parent Meeting
Good afternoon everyone!
I just wanted to let everyone know that we will be holding a formative meeting this coming Monday, June 7th at the Oak Ridge Civic center from 5:00 to 6:00 P.M. during evening practice hours.
Location: 1403 Oak Ridge Turnpike, Oak Ridge TN. 37830
The meeting will discuss everything that you need to know about swim meets, the different types of roles that parents can operate at swim meets (We have to fill these roles no matter what in order for the meet to run at all), all responsibilities a visiting or home team must recognize, and address general questions about these events. Please try your best to make plans to attend, my father Erik Groscost will be running this meeting. He has been a certified official and done everything from lane timing to being head referee for the past 14 years, so a great resource to have and learn from about swimming.
- Practice will still run at the normal time (4:00 to 6:00 P.M.) that evening in the normal location (Outdoor pool). We left an hour window for transitioning over to the Civic Center before the meeting starts and will end when we release practice for pick-up.
- If there is inclement weather we may not have practice, but the meeting will still run at the time explained above.
- Practice Schedule: There has been some confusion about practices. We practice Monday through Friday in the morning from 9:30 to 11:00 A.M. and Monday through Thursday in the afternoon from 4:00 to 6:00 P.M.. There is no afternoon practice on Fridays.
- If I cancel practice through our remind texting service, which I will link again at the end of this email, we will still have practice at the next interval. If you do not receive a text from me about practice then it will run as normal. It is very important, if you have not joined our texting service, that you do so because the weather is already looking interesting for this upcoming week.
- Click here to see how to join our texting service: ORCA Texting Service
Thank you all for reading this, please try and make accommodations to be at our meeting this Monday and I hope you all have a great weekend! Also if you have emailed me please be patient, I am trying to work through these as well as I can while I am traveling at the moment.