Swim Meet Information(Thursday, May 10th)
Good afternoon everyone!
I just wanted to send out all of the information about our upcoming meet this Thursday, and I apologize for this being later than I generally like to make everything public and known.
Some of of this comes directly from the Clinton head Coach and some is extra information that I have added in. I will put the most important details in BOLD.
- Facility Details:
Location: 101 S. Hicks Street Clinton TN, 37716
Pool: 25 yards pool with 6 lanes
Note: There are permanent ladders in Lanes 1 and 6.
We are an indoor facility
- Concessions: We do not have concessions at the facility, yet food and drink is allowed on the back deck, outside.
- Patron Seating: We have bleachers on deck which are available for parents. There will be bleachers on the back deck for clerk of course and some members. We ask that only those who cannot sit on bleachers do not have chairs on the deck due to limited deck space. If you have a large team you will have a set-up/waiting space outside back entrance of the pool, your families are welcome to set up chairs outside.
- Participant Seating: Swimmers will sit on our outside Patio. We will have three sets of bleachers set up. Teams may bring one tent to set up. Tent may be no more than 12x12.
- Parking: We have ample parking onsite, and parking is free. We have a large front parking lot and a gravel lot in the back both will be available.
- Heat: Our pool deck can get hot with large numbers of people. Please encourage water for everyone who will be attending.
Our meet is set to begin at 6:00 pm. Our team will warm-up from 5:00-5:20, Kingston from 5:20-5:40, Oak Ridge 5:40-6:00. Please try and arrive by 5:30 at the very latest!
Tools for meet entry:
- Entries for this meet opened officially yesterday, and can be accessed by going to our website and to the "Swim Meets" tab or by clicking here: ORCA vs Clinton Meet
- You may be prompted to sign-up to volunteer for a job. Anyone who attended our meeting yesterday is already accounted for on paper, you do not have to input anything through the website.
- Parents are more than welcome to sign their children up for any events they are eligible for. There is also a space to add "Coaches Notes" for me if you would like me to choose. I will look over every entry as well, so do not be alarmed if you see any minor changes come meet day.
- If you plan to attend the meet this Thursday please have your intent to come declared through the website by the end of afternoon practice tomorrow, Wednesday June 9th. Anyone who has not declared by then will be assumed as not participating.
- Note: This meet will probably go by very quickly, the best thing to do is get there early and be ready to be on your toes from start to finish especially if you're volunteering. Sharpies to write events on your kid(s) arms are very helpful for both yourselves and them and will drastically help with the organization of the meet.
- I was told that I will have all ORCA team suits and shirts tomorrow, unless you just recently joined the team. Caps will also be given out to the individuals who have not received them yet
Thank you all for taking the time to read this, I cannot wait to see you all Thursday afternoon!